A few years ago I wrote articles (blog posts, really) for an organisation.
The deal was simple: once a month I’d write an article benefitting their athletes and four weeks later I could post it on propelperform.com.
They paid $150 per article.
The articles were easy to write because the topics were aligned with my daily work: developing athletes.
(In other words, I was only writing about what I knew and was doing – almost no *research* required.)
Once it was posted on Propel I’d share it on my social media.
In this particular case a school teacher read the post, it resonated with her and she looked me up.
Discovering I was close enough to drive to her school she asked if I could chat about the themes in the post to her school classes.
One school day’s worth of work: $1500.
$150 + $1500 = $1650.
Why am I telling you this?
– 100% You can do this too!
– You need to change your mindset from Consumer to Creator.
– You have so many lessons to teach others and you’re wasting your experience if you’re not sharing it.
– When you release your thoughts and ideas you start attracting your tribe (my newsletter has attracted interactions with some amazing minds who’ve reached out and I am grateful for every interaction).
– It doesn’t have to take a lot of mental energy. (a ‘between-sets’ chat you had with your athlete could become a blog post… Or the beginning of an ebook.)
So start Creating something this week.
Build it. Publish it. Broadcast it.